Preaching This Sunday in Los Angeles
October 4, 2007
This Sunday I’m preaching at Mt. Sinai Missionary Baptist Church in Los Angeles, California where H. B. Charles, Jr. is the pastor. He is one of my favorite pastors in America and has been for several years. I say that even though we have never met in person. Back when I was pastoring in Oak Park, he somehow found me through my weblog and we became email friends. Later I began to read his outstanding weblog. He is absolutely unique among the blogging pastors I know because he gives his readers an inside glimpse of what it means to be a pastor and a preacher on a daily basis. When he has a tough day, he says so. When he senses God’s presence, he tells you about it. When he struggles to get his sermon together, he writes about it. Church members wanting to know what a pastor goes through each week in preparing to preach should read his weblog.
At the request of Pastor Charles, I am conducting a seminar on preaching and pastoral ministry this Saturday from 9-12 AM. The conference is free but you need to pre-register by calling the Mt. Sinai church office at (323) 734-1028 or by emailing email@example.com.
Do you have any thoughts or questions about this post? If you have a Facebook account, you may comment below:
Related blog posts
- Ann Coulter Got It Mostly Right – October 14, 2007
- Anchor in a Laundromat – October 13, 2007
- Four Dogs In Our Living Room – October 12, 2007
- Never Repeat What Someone Said Someone Said – October 11, 2007
- Brand-New Audio Version of Anchor for the Soul – October 10, 2007
- Five Down, Five to Go – October 9, 2007
- Men As Trees Walking – October 7, 2007
- Pastor’s Seminar in Los Angeles – October 6, 2007
- Check Out Biblos.com – October 5, 2007
- Two Sermons on JesusChristOnly.com – October 4, 2007